How long does CPD activity accreditation take?
CPD accreditation plays a vital role in validating the quality and value of professional development activities. We understand that our customers want to secure their CPD accreditation as soon as possible and enjoy all the benefits accreditation has to offer. However, in order to ensure the highest level of quality, the activity accreditation process does take time, as our expert Accreditation and Compliance Team thoroughly assess your courses against our A.C.C.R.E.D.I.T.E.D Framework. We aim to accredit your activities within 2 weeks, but due to a variety of factors, we advise allowing up to 6 weeks for your activities to be accredited. It's worth the wait though, we promise! 🤩
Why might my CPD activity take longer to accredit? ⏰
The duration of CPD accreditation is dependent on a variety of factors, such as the course duration, whether we need to confer with our Advisory Panel, and The CPD Group's workload. We're committed to a thorough, comprehensive accreditation process and we work hard to turn your accreditation around as soon as possible. Learn more about the factors that may impact your accreditation time below:
- Course Duration: The length of the course itself can impact the accreditation timeline. Longer courses may require more extensive evaluation and assessment, leading to a slightly longer accreditation process.
- Course Content: The course content may also impact the duration of you activity accreditation. If your course is on a highly specialist subject, our accreditation team will need more time to validate the information provided in your course to ensure it is accurate and in line with our A.C.C.R.E.D.I.T.E.D Framework.
- The CPD Group's Workload: The CPD Group's workload at a given time can also influence the accreditation duration. During particularly busy periods, when the demand for accreditation services is high, it may take additional time to process and review accreditation applications. This is because The CPD Group maintains a commitment to providing each course with the attention and scrutiny it deserves. We will let you know during these busy period that your accreditation may take longer than expected, so please be patient with our team who are working hard to get your accreditation over the line!
- Consultation with our Advisory Panel: The CPD Group values input from their advisory panel, which consists of experts in various fields. In cases where consultation with the advisory panel is required, the process may take longer as it ensures a comprehensive evaluation of the course content and standards.
- Sent Back Applications: If your CPD Activity does not hit all of the criteria outlined in the A.C.C.R.E.D.I.T.E.D Framework, we may send it back to you to make edits. Depending on the edits you need to make, this may lengthen the accreditation process. Don't worry, we provide comprehensive feedback and guidance on any edits that may be required.
Beware of Blanket Accreditation! ⚠️
Whilst some accreditation companies may boast about being able to turn your accreditation around in less than two days, we advise customers to be wary of such companies. This is because they might operate under a "Blanket Accreditation" approach. This means that if you submit numerous courses for accreditation, they may only assess a small sample of one or two courses. Whilst this approach will not take as long as our accreditation routes, you will not be getting the same thorough accreditation and quality assurance that you would with The CPD Group. You'll also end up paying the same, if not more, for a service that is not up to CPD standards.
At The CPD Group, we assess each and every course against our A.C.C.R.E.D.I.T.E.D Framework to make sure that each and every course we accredit has been fully assessed for quality. Whilst this accreditation may take a little longer, you can rest assured that you are getting the best service possible.
CPD Activity Accreditation: What are the benefits?
1) Verify Quality
By getting your courses CPD accredited, you're demonstrating that they have been fully assessed by a third party to ensure quality. You'll receive a verifiable logo and certificate as proof of your accreditation. You can add your accreditation logo to your learner's certificates.
2) Increase Customer Confidence
As your courses have been fully assessed by a trusted accreditation body, this adds that extra layer of credibility to your courses which gives your customers more confidence in your ability to deliver quality learning!
3) Get listed on The CPD Register
Each course you accredit will be listed on The CPD Register, the independent directory of all things CPD. This will allow potential learners to find your course and verify your accreditation.
4) Offer CPD Credits By getting accredited, you'll be able to offer CPD credits to your learners which they can log as evidence of their learning with their employers, professional bodies, educators or add to their CV. Learn more about CPD credits here!
Good things take time!
On occasion, your CPD activity accreditation may take longer than anticipated. However, all good things take time, and you can rest assured that the service you will receive from us is unmatched in comparison to other accreditation companies. If you have any questions about your accreditation, please don't hesitate to contact our Accreditation and Compliance Team who will always be more than happy to help.